If you’re anything like me, you struggle with communication. Throughout my life, one of the worst-case scenarios for me was standing up and talking in public.
I was the opposite of confident! My voice trembled, and I couldn’t form a coherent sentence to save my life.
Luckily, spirituality helped me process and overcome this difficulty. Now I am ready to share it with you!
It all comes down to the throat chakra, so here are the 100 powerful throat chakra affirmations that’ll help you to become more confident in communicating.
100 Vishudda affirmations to communicate with confidence
Realign your energy and change your life by repeating these affirmations as often as you can:
- People are attracted by my honesty
- I am compassionate to those who listen
- I can explore myself and my power
- I can listen as well as I can speak
- I am not afraid of my power
- I can speak and cause a positive reaction
- My words are powerful and effective
- People want to hear me
- As my self-esteem grows, my communication skills grow
- I can express my emotions
- I can speak clearly
- I am honest both to myself and to other people
- I know exactly who I am
- I am open to healing my throat chakra
- I love my honesty and integrity
- My throat chakra has healed
- I have the right to speak my truth
- I can say no as much as I need
- My advice is appreciated
- My words are well chosen
- I can trust my intuition
- People love to hear my voice
- I can build my self-esteem by talking
- My voice is peaceful
- I am safe to speak my mind
- Other people are inspired by my words
- I am safe to express myself
- My voice is strong and clear
- I can speak in public
- I am patient with others and myself
- I speak with love
- People befriend me easily
- My knowledge is worth sharing
- I can listen very well
- I am intuitive enough to speak accurately
- My voice is pleasant to hear
- I am effective and confident when communicating
- I am well-articulated
- I can positively express myself
- I don’t speak out of anger or resentment
- There’s a cleansing blue light around my throat
- I can give and receive love in any way shape or form
- My will is strong
- I enjoy challenges
- I can be assertive if needed
- I can speak my mind when necessary
- Being creative gives meaning to my life
- I don’t gossip or criticize others
- I am comfortable with vulnerability
- I can take up space with no problem
- I can get things done effectively
- My truth is expressed in different creative ways
- My flow of creativity doesn’t stop
- I am at my best moment
- I have the right to express myself
- My throat chakra is healing very fast
- I can communicate with clarity
- I love speaking in public
- My truth is my word
- I can keep my promises
- I have integrity
- I don’t doubt myself
- I learn to listen to my inner voice and nurture my throat chakra
- People know when to give me space
- I am not afraid to ask for help
- I am at peace with myself
- I don’t doubt my words or choices
- My throat chakra is balanced
- I can set healthy boundaries without guilt
- The creativity can flow through me easily
- I am open and vulnerable if needed
- I can make a positive change in the world
- I don’t interrupt others
- I can stay centered and calm
- I can speak and inspire when needed
- I am not a hypocrite
- Love fuels my words
- Honesty is my guide, but not without kindness
- I am learning my truth, and my mind
- I am connected to my inner voice
- My words are very powerful
- My voice has power
- I am brave enough to speak confidently
- My mistakes don’t haunt me
- I don’t doubt myself
- I realize how powerful I am
- I respect myself
- I respect what my body needs
- I can receive constructive criticism
- I can communicate with love and compassion
- My voice is heard
- I no longer doubt myself
- I am resilient
- My emotions are healthy
- My creative side is nourished
- My throat chakra is balanced and powerful
- I speak with a peaceful tone of voice
- I know when to set boundaries
- I know when I am needed in a situation
- I love being vulnerable with the right people
Quick cheat sheet about the throat chakra
The chakras are energy centers in our bodies. They are related to meditation and spiritual beliefs surrounding Hinduism.
Vishudda –a word in Sanskrit that means purification– is the original name for the throat chakra. It’s located at the base of the neck, and it rules over communication, honesty, and being true to ourselves.
It makes sense, then, that affirmations aimed at this energy point are so effective. They are directed specifically to our patterns of communication, both to ourselves and others.
Unfortunately, this chakra can be blocked rather easily, and we might find ourselves floundering when it comes to talking about difficult or important things.
This is why affirmations are so necessary: they can help us undo the blockage and let our most honest, most creative self out.
Here are some basic facts about the throat chakra:
Name in Sanskrit: Vishudda
Where is it located? The center of the throat.
What does it rule over? Our creativity, self-expression, listening, and speaking skills.
The color of its energy: Blue.
The element represents: The ether.
Crystals that help: Aquamarine, turquoise, blue lace agate, and amazonite.
Useful essential oils: Peppermint, frankincense, eucalyptus, and spearmint.
Why does the throat chakra block so easily?
The answer is simple: we don’t pay enough attention or care for it very well.
Our chakras work like our bodies: we have to spend some time nurturing and caring for our health, both spiritual and material.
If we don’t do it, sooner or later something will ache and require treatment.
Depending on the cause of the blockage, our throat chakra might be underactive or overactive. Neither of these situations is ideal: we’re lacking balance.
How do you know if your throat chakra is blocked?
As I said before, you can have an underactive or overactive throat chakra. Either way, the energy isn’t flowing as it should, and it can mean trouble in the long run.
Some of the symptoms we can pick up over time can be psychological, but others can very much be physical problems.
So, you can physically suffer from:
- Thyroid issues;
- A sore throat;
- Fatigue, dizziness, exhaustion,
- Anemia or low blood pressure;
- Laryngitis and pharyngitis;
- Migraines or severe headaches;
- Tension in the shoulders and base of the neck;
- Anxiety, difficulty with relaxation;
- Dental problems;
- Cold sores around the lips.
Now, the spiritual signs are equally alarming. When you have an underactive throat chakra, you can experience:
- You fear the negative opinion and judgment of others, so you don’t express what you think;
- You can’t focus for long periods;
- You cannot stay present in the moment;
- People find it easy to hurt and bully you;
- You are a chronic people-pleaser.
When your throat chakra is overactive, you can experience the following symptoms:
- Poor listening skills: you’re too impatient to hear something for long periods.
- You can’t stop interrupting others.
- Your mind goes too fast, and, as a result, you are too impulsive.
- More than one person has told you that you come off as aggressive, arrogant, or too loud.
- You can’t calmly express your thoughts and feelings.
- Even if you seem confident, the story inside your head says otherwise.
How long does it take to heal the throat chakra?
Nowadays, our lives are fast. So it makes sense for us to want a balanced throat chakra rather quickly.
Life is a lot easier when we can express ourselves freely and openly. However, we must stay patient to accomplish this.
Time, space, and repetition haven’t hurt anyone yet, least of all when it comes to spirituality.
Remember that if your throat chakra has been blocked for a while, then it might take some time to get back into shape and balanced. There’s probably some healing work ahead, and we must face it.
Besides, working with the chakra never ends. Energy flows all the time, and so it can be blocked at any point, especially if we’re going through a rough moment in our lives.
Healing is a process that takes our entire lives.
The good news is that no chakra can be blocked forever, especially if we work on it.
Affirmations are a great way to ensure that we never stay blocked for too long, as we can pinpoint exactly when our energy stops flowing as it should.
Using affirmations to heal your throat chakra
When it comes to affirmations, they’re useful for a lot of different things:
- They help us develop our communication skills;
- They can positively program our subconscious;
- They can unblock and cleanse old, stale energy in our bodies;
- They can help us be more confident and self-assured.
Of course, like anything in life, it takes practice to see the results.
This is even more evident when it comes to communication: most of what we think about communication is inherited, either by our parents, grandparents, or caretakers. Unfortunately, these patterns aren’t always healthy.
Changing the way we communicate takes time and patience; it’s not all smooth sailing. We have to develop better, more effective patterns. These are some of the things we have to think about:
- Creating a space for reflecting and healing;
- Making a point of including our affirmations in the routines we have for our mental health;
- Practicing as much as we can;
How do you know your throat chakra is healing?
These are some of the experiences you might have that tell you your throat chakra is starting to unblock:
- You’re confident when expressing your ideas.
- Your communication skills have improved a lot, and there are fewer misunderstandings. As a result, your relationships flourish.
- You’re calm, relaxed, and more present at the moment.
- Your immune system grows stronger, so you aren’t sick as often.
- People-pleasing stops, and you don’t feel as much guilt about saying no.
- You hate gossip and destructive criticism, and you avoid people who engage in that activity.
- Your creativity flows a lot better, and your work improves as a result.
- Your thoughts are sharp, smart, and accurate.
- Your power of concentration grows.
- You’re more resilient and express your emotions in healthy ways.
- You can keep yourself grounded easily.
- Your words are powerful, and people feel captivated by the way you speak.
- Your spiritual beliefs strengthen.
- You become a great listener and give helpful advice.
- You’re more compassionate and merciful towards others.
In general, you find yourself passionate about ideals and less stressed about goals and personal gain.
What are the signs of a healed throat chakra?
When your throat chakra is balanced, you can experience a range of emotions and states of mind. More often than not, these are all related to your voice and communication in general.
Here are some examples:
- You can communicate with a lot more confidence, and you’re sure of yourself.
- Your words and expressions are clear and convey your thoughts and feelings exactly like you need them to.
- Your voice becomes important, and it causes a positive impact on the world.
- Your creative energy grows, and you can express it in a lot of different ways, like painting, dancing, singing, and speaking.
Are you experiencing any of these after practicing the affirmations for a few days?
In a nutshell
As humans, communication is essential. It’s a core part of our nature, and it’s vital that we keep it healthy and flowing in our lives.
I know from experience how alienating it feels to be misunderstood and unable to express the creativity we all carry inside. It’s awful, and I wouldn’t wish that upon anyone.
I hope these affirmations help you in your healing journey and diminish all the negative feelings you might have regarding your voice. I promise you it matters.
Let me know in the comments which one of these affirmations has been the most powerful in your healing journey!